ModShop offers a two (2) year limited warranty on most of its furniture covering manufacturer defects in workmanship and material. In the event a defect that is covered by the warranty is found, ModShop will, at its discretion, repair or replace the defective item The ModShop Warranty is effective from the date of delivery and does not cover the cost of labor and transportation.
Accidental damage and normal wear and tear from in-home use is not covered as part of the ModShop Warranty. Additional items not covered or that may void the ModShop Warranty are noted below:
- Customer modifications
- Fabric damage due to fabric protection application
- Colorfastness or dye lot variations of fabrics
- Damage caused by neglect, abuse, misuse or accidents
- Any condition resulting from incorrect or inadequate maintenance,
- cleaning or care (e.g. excessive pet hair)
- Non-residential use or use for which the product was not designed
- Settling of cushions due to normal wear and tear
- Piling, wrinkling and seam separation due to customer modification,
- Neglect or abuse
- Fabric fading or discoloration due to elements such as sunlight
- Water damage to electrical components
- Natural wood grain characteristics
Frames are covered for (3) three years from a structural defect in materials or workmanship not caused by neglect or abuse. Springs are covered for (3) three years from breakage or detachment not caused by neglect or abuse.
The ModShop Warranty does not cover furniture used for commercial or institutional purposes including but not limited to home daycare, business and rental purposes. The ModShop Warranty does not cover accessories or clearance and floor model furniture sold "as-is". There is no exchange, refund, return or service for "as-is" items. The ModShop Warranty does not cover mattresses; however,
The ModShop Warranty claims process
- Step 1: Take photos of the defective area as well as several photos to show a 360-degree view of the item
- Step 2: Locate your Sales Order number (if available) and contact
Customer Services department at 1-844-663-7467
. The Customer Service Representatives will assist you in determining if your claim is covered.
- Step 3: If your claim is approved, Mod Shop representatives will schedule a technician